Henrikson Owen is contracted by the City of Santa Monica, Architecture Services / Facilities Services (City) to provide mechanical engineering services, primarily heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, and pluming, for various building and facility renovation / upgrade projects. Typical projects will include the design of new HVAC equipment and control systems, designs for renovations of facility plumbing and area drainage systems, and site survey and drafting as-built plans of existing mechanical infrastructure.
The City is planning to develop a series of construction improvement projects over the next twelve (12) months. Henrikson Owen will be responsible for supporting these projects with qualified staff to perform the following list of detailed services:
• Site surveys of existing mechanical and plumbing equipment, including ducting and control systems
• Preparation of As-built plans of existing facilities
• Design of new systems or modifications of existing HVAC and plumbing systems
• Finals plans provided and stamped by a California Registered Mechanical Engineer
• Attending client meetings to review and approve design, as well as to coordinate mechanical and plumbing systems with architects and other trades as appropriate
• Provide engineering design in compliance with Title 24 requirements
• Complete the plan check process and submit plans to the Building and Safety department for approval. If necessary, meet and respond to questions and comments and incorporate or address corrections and resubmit for approval
• Perform construction administration site visits
• Provide electronic AutoCAD files to the City.
Henrikson Owen has performed these and other services to multiple federal, state, and other public agencies throughout California.