Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) are a core service area—not a sideline service. Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) are a core service area and has become a premier area of technical expertise for our firm for over 30 years. Owen has performed FCA, recommendations for maintenance and repair, life cycle costs analysis, cost estimates, and associated work relating to improvements or replacements of more than $20 billion in public works construction, including public agency owned and operated office and municipal facilities, transportation agencies, courthouses, senior centers, universities, community college districts, K-12 school facilities, museums, city halls, correctional facilities, recreational and more.
- Caltrans Statewide A&E Building Design Support Services – As the only consultant under this Statewide A&E Contract, Owen recently performed Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) at multiple Caltrans facilities. Based on the FCA data obtained in the field, Owen staff enter this information into an existing database, where we then prepare a comprehensive report with detailed descriptions of deficiencies and cost estimated for repair and/or replacements. Each report will present to Caltrans a list of prioritized deficiencies. Owen FCA’s take into consideration Fire and Life Safety (F&LS), environmental hazards, such as lead, mold, asbestos, etc., and other risk factors. Our FCA’s will anticipate capital outlay requirements and identify useful life expectancies of each building system and/or asset.
- Caltrans District 9 Office Buildings | District 9 Main Office complex located in Bishop, California comprises of one (1) main office buildings, one (1) lab building, vehicle maintenance shop parking shed, and several other structures including modular buildings on site.
- Caltrans District 2 Main Office Complex | Located in Redding, this site is comprised of three (3) office buildings, two (2) warehouse structures, two (2) lab buildings, one (1) temporary garage and four (4) modular structures.
- Caltrans District 5 Main Office Complex | Located in San Luis Obispo, California, this site is comprised of two (2) office buildings, three (3) warehouse structures, one (1) lab building, and several other structures including a parking shed, maintenance crew truck shed and crew sheds with a locker room facility on site.
- Caltrans District 10 Main Office Complex | Located in Stockton, California, this site is comprised of one (1) main office building and seven (7) modular structures.
- Caltrans District 6 | Located in Fresno, California, this site includes a single building with a square footage of 64,462 SF.